Our customers may not always be right...but they are the source of our income.
So, what do you do when your customers make appointments with you and then stand you up, arrive early, or arrive late? How can you prevent other customers from being inconvenienced when your schedule changes because of the whims of a select few?
Here are a few tips:
- Allow 90 minutes between appointments.
- If someone is late, call him to confirm if he's on his way or if he'd like to reschedule.
- If someone is early and you're free--see him and get ahead of your game.
- If someone is early and you're not free--tell him you're not free and ask if he'd prefer to wait or reschedule.
- You'd like to accommodate his new time frame but you can't because...
- Customer B has an appointment with you and it wouldn't be fair to Customer B to infringe upon time that he has scheduled with you but that you...
- Are happy to reschedule.
What tips do YOU have to share?
(Photo by Salvatore Vuono)